Tuesday 4 February 2014

Writing In The Dark, by Richard Caddel


This arrived this morning - Alan Baker posted a link about it on Facebook last week, and it sounded right up my street. I enjoyed Caddel's Magpie Words - a selected poems - a few years back, but this had passed me by until now. I know I probably shouldn't be so bothered by the physical quality of books, too, but this is a very handsomely produced volume from West House Books, and that's always a good start. I suspect I'll be writing more about it over the next few weeks - can't wait to start reading it.

2 comments:

Alan Baker said...

Glad I was able to point you to this Matt. It is a lovely object - almost seems hand-made. I hope you enjoy it - I think the poetry's wonderful.

Matt Merritt said...

It's so good I've been rationing myself to 3 or 4 pages a day - as you say, really wonderful stuff.