Wednesday 26 August 2009

Birdfair and more

I was at Birdfair over the weekend, and for the first time in ages it was blessed by three days of good weather. That meant that it was the busiest yet, but in between work and getting increasingly excited about the test match, it was good to catch up with a lot of old friends.

Since then, I've been struck down with the lurgy, so have only managed a brief bit of birdwatching over at Swithland Reservoir on Monday (mind you, there were six Black Terns there, plus a couple of Peregrines).

Staying in, sprawled on the sofa mainlining Lemsips, has allowed me to spend hours browsing The Birds of Leicestershire And Rutland, launched at the Fair. Now I'll admit that I can happily read pretty much any county bird atlas, but of course this one is special because it's my home county, and Rob Fray, Roger Davis, Dave Gamble, Andrew Harrop and Steve Lister have done a really fine job.

2 comments:

Caroline Gill said...

So glad the BirdFair went well. Do hope the Lemsips are doing there stuff...

Matt Merritt said...

Thanks Caroline. Feeling much better now. Birdfair was amazing - I think the attendance beat the past record by about 5000