Saturday 16 June 2007

Silver linings

It's been raining heavily on and off all day here, which meant no cricket, no birding, no gardening (it's a jungle out there - really). On the plus side, after I'd read the papers (nice mini-review of The Frogmore Papers in The Guardian) and watched a little bit of the test match, I had no excuse not to get writing, and I've spent most of the day wrestling with a poem that's been giving me trouble for weeks. I'm still not sure it's doing exactly what I want it to, but it's almost tamed, and I'll have a go at finally whipping it into shape tomorrow.
I celebrated by redecorating Polyolbion. I'll probably get tired of this look too, but for now I like it.

3 comments:

Ben Wilkinson said...

Thanks for alerting me to the Guardian's mini-review of The Frogmore Papers No.69, Matt, I've just read it on their website. I received my contributors' copy a while back but only flicked through it at the time; as the review notes, Stephen Thomas' 'Student' is certainly one of the highlights.

Matt Merritt said...

Yes, I liked that.
Enjoyed your poem too, Ben. Very cinemetic, I thought.

Matt Merritt said...

Or cinematic, even.