Saturday 7 April 2007

An Easter Miscellany

Only time for some very brief blogging (come on, you can't expect me to miss out on this fantastic weather, can you?!). NaPoWriMo2007 continues to be a lot of fun, and I've now had time to read a lot of the other entries. There's some really top-class stuff there - try the random poem generator if you just want to dip in.
Outside, I heard and saw my first Blackcaps and Willow Warblers of the year today, which along with Marsh Tit, Oystercatcher and Red-legged Partridge took the patch list to 98.
Bangladesh's great win over South Africa just now throws qualification for the World Cup semis wide open again. Or at least, it means that even if we lost to the Aussies, we could save ourselves by beating the Proteas, the Windies and Bangladesh. Still a tall order, but far from impossible.
Oh, and my copy of Quattrocento arrived this morning. Obviously, I'm going to tell you it's worth buying because I've got three poems (Bower, At Gedney Hill and Ringing Redstarts) in it, but seriously, it's a really beautifully produced small press mag, with art and short stories as well as a good selection of poetry. Excellent value and engrossing reading.

No comments: